89 Sunbird SPL 194 Dash Panel & general info

wndsfchng

Recruit
I recently purchased a this boat from a insurance auction and so far everything is good. I am trying to figure out the panel of switches. I changed the ignition switch as there was no key for the old one. It works now. Everything is faded on the panel so I can't tell what is what. Any help out there from someone who might have this model would be a great help. It has a Johnson 110 V6 VRO and I don't know if that's standard as I can't find too much info on these boats. I can't wait to get back in the water as my last boat was stolen & just haven't been able to replace it till now. Thank You in advance for any help.:confused::

JSMoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 89 Sunbird SPL 194 Dash Panel & general info

wndsfchng, you might try your question over in the Boating Topics and Questions, (not engine topics) forum. This Sunbird Boats forum is not at all active. Also, I would suggest you include a picture of what you are trying to figure out. As the old saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

If you're looking for motor specific repair answers, you'll find a lot of info on Johnson/Evinrude motors in the Johnson & Evinrude Outboards forum. Be sure to read the "sticky" posts. And, give as much info about your questions as you can. There's a wealth of info available just for the asking.

As you may have figured out already, Sunbird Boats is no longer in business. And they've been out of business long enough to where they are no longer real common. That doesn't mean they aren't good boats - just not as many around as there used to be. I really like mine! And, I work at keeping it in tip-top shape. If you get it in good shape, and keep it up, your Sunbird will serve you well for a long time to come. Best of luck with it!
JSMoore