89 force 85hp dies at full throttle

basszzilla

Seaman
after getting most of my t&t problems fixed i finally got this boat in the water after nearly two years of restoration. as long as i dont push it past about 80% throttle it seems to want to run all day. when i stab it at full throttle it has lots of power and runs great, after about ten seconds it begins to lose rpm slowly until it dies. the primer bulb at this point is not firm, reprime and it starts right back up and runs fine as long as i keep it below that 80%. if i stab it again and let off as soon as i feel the loss of rpm it will continue running fine until i punch it again. <br /> " I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! "

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 89 force 85hp dies at full throttle

Order a fuel pump rebuild kit. This will cost you under 25 bukz, and takes less than 30 minutes to rebuild. Today's alcohol-'enhanced' fuels eat the rubber diaphrams in the pump, and they are rarely only good for a couple seasons.<br />The old one will look like aligator hide close-up.

basszzilla

Seaman

thanks 12. will order monday. will lack of use also weaken diaphams?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

LOL I just put the two threads together. Well, it's for sure then. :D I'm glad it didn't strand you. :eek: <br />And yes it will (see other thread)

basszzilla

Seaman

new pump diaphram,new lines,new bulb,new filters, and running from portable tank. still dies at wot after a few seconds.