Hello i am pretty new to the world of outboards, i Just got an "89" force 50 on a 15' bayliner. I had it out today and found a few things to be off on it. The first was that it could not get up on a plane without someone moving their weight to get the bow down (only had myself and 1 other person)...and then it would stay on a plane at WOT. Is it trimed improperly? It seemed that my prop was small i believe a 10 12, I read another post where changing to an 11 pitch would help that out..<br /><br />Also the throttle seemed way off..if i would back it off of WOT by just a hair i would lose almost all speed..<br /><br />While running it in the 5mph areas i would feel/hear the engine hit and miss, I heard that it could be the gap on my spark plugs.. Does anyone know what the proper gap should be?<br /><br />I was also useing high octane gas 93 i believe with quicksilver oil mix. Could it be that the engine doesnt respond well to high octane? Overall i found the engine to be very sluggish an "getting out of the hole" to be extreamly difficult. Would any of these factors contribute to that? Any advice is greatly appreaciated. Thanks<br />-Jay