gregmsr
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter- Joined
- Sep 20, 2006
- Messages
- 391
Hey guys,
With spark plugs out and placed in forward gear, how easy should the prop be turned by hand?
I'm concerned with mine as I tried this and was hard to turn and I hear a tight sounding noise inside mid section of lower unit. Sounds like dry rubber seal on a shaft. Is this a normal sound when turning shaft out of water? The prop turns easily when in netural but when in gear hard to turn and sounds squeeky, almost gritty. Is there a seal that tight around shaft?
With spark plugs out and placed in forward gear, how easy should the prop be turned by hand?
I'm concerned with mine as I tried this and was hard to turn and I hear a tight sounding noise inside mid section of lower unit. Sounds like dry rubber seal on a shaft. Is this a normal sound when turning shaft out of water? The prop turns easily when in netural but when in gear hard to turn and sounds squeeky, almost gritty. Is there a seal that tight around shaft?