FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The 88's did not have VRO (sort of auto oiling) You need to mix well, 50 parts gasoline to 1 part of approved outboard oil. If the engine has not been run in many months, I like to start it on 24 to 1 for a couple of gallons to lube everything up. If you are not familiar with your engine, you really should get an owner's manual and if you intend to do your own service, a factory service manual. Not aftermarket!!!
Right you are Vic, completely forgot about the US, UK gallons thing...I'm in Canada and run on Litres and Ml. When I fill up with 25 litres, I dump in 500ml of oil (1pint~=500ml)
Right you are Vic, completely forgot about the US, UK gallons thing...I'm in Canada and run on Litres and Ml. When I fill up with 25 litres, I dump in 500ml of oil (1pint~=500ml)