88 ranger modification

ebrich2

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i have a 1988 ranger 374v with three fuel tanks.

two in the stern and one under the bench passenger seats.
what would it hurt and how hard would it be to remove the one under the seats to make room for more storage compartments?
Thanks,
Ben

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 88 ranger modification

It will be very difficult and considered major surgery. I am "almost" sure you would have to de-cap the hull and I do know that the Ranger company uses resin to bond the cap.

ebrich2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Bob,
i think thats a little much just for some extra storage lol

i was hoping it would be easier than that.
Thanks again,
Ben

ebrich2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok Bob, i checked it out really good and the tank under the seat looks like it will come straight out after removing a couple of support bands that hold it down. my only problem now is what do i do with a fuel line that looks as if its coming from the stern somewhere. is this an overflow line from the other tanks and how can i plug it? also what about the electrical lines going to the top of the tank? can i trace them down and disconnect?
Thanks,
Ben

p.s. this has turned into a have to project now as the original seats are past their time and am having to remove the tank so i can build a new support platform for the new seats im installing.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

You can plug the line and cap off the wires......... Then secure them out of the way.