88 OMC 4.3L V6 - Sitting for about 10 Months - Question

AZWIP

Cadet
Howdy folks. Live out here in AZ. My boat has been on the trailer since about 10 months, covered. I am wondering if I should just try and run it once I ensure the battery is still fully charged. I think I filled it with Marina fuel last time I used it back around 10 months ago.
In the past it has sat for 6-7 months, and after a little hard starting, she fired up and ran great. But have not let it sit this long before as I recall. Can it hurt to try and fire it up? This is the OMC 4.3L V6 Inboard/Outboard with Cobra Stern Drive. I think she will fire up... will probably be a hard start, and maybe I will shoot some starting fluid into the carbs. Weather where its been sitting does not usually get that cold as this is around the Phoenix area.... yes we get cold during winter, but nothing like the Northeast etc. Lol

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Ron F.
----------

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
As long as you're not talking about doing it without water, sounds fine to me. Not sure what else you could do, other than pull the plugs and turn it over manually a few times to sort of move the oil around on stuff a bit, if that's what you mean.

I've taken to priming mine with a bit of gas right before cranking it, if it's sat for any length of time. I charge the battery the night before usually. I plan to take mine to the lake for the first start of the year since I've had a few less than desirable experiences with the muffs (need some better ones). I think I did that last year too.

I have the same engine/drive.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Howdy folks. Live out here in AZ. My boat has been on the trailer since about 10 months, covered. I am wondering if I should just try and run it once I ensure the battery is still fully charged. I think I filled it with Marina fuel last time I used it back around 10 months ago.
In the past it has sat for 6-7 months, and after a little hard starting, she fired up and ran great. But have not let it sit this long before as I recall. Can it hurt to try and fire it up? This is the OMC 4.3L V6 Inboard/Outboard with Cobra Stern Drive. I think she will fire up... will probably be a hard start, and maybe I will shoot some starting fluid into the carbs. Weather where its been sitting does not usually get that cold as this is around the Phoenix area.... yes we get cold during winter, but nothing like the Northeast etc. Lol

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Ron F.
----------
Should be no issue. the hard intial starting is refilling the dry fuel bowl in carb and is normal.

Check the oil level in engine , dribble some gas down carb and hit it

AZWIP

Cadet
Thank you folks for your replies and suggestions. I really appreciate it. Will give it a try. Thanks again!

Ron F.
----------