88' Luhrs Alura

The Nauti Dog

Recruit
I recently bought an 88' Luhrs Alura 30. Love the layout and has no hours on twin 350's. But needs a little work. The fresh water (potable) system hasn't been used in 10 years stated previous owner. The fixtures at the sink, and the head definitely need to be replaced. The pump runs but doesn't have suction. After further inspection the lines are tough to see but I believe a line was cut or capped. Looking to replace/rerun all lines and fitting to start fresh. Anyone have a clue what the line set looks like on this boat. Having a few back issues and hard to get in there to run it hand over hand. The system also supplies the manual pump head which is also not receiving any pressure.

mr 88

Commander
I wouldn't replace the fresh water lines . I would start with the fresh water pump . Should have a clear top on it with a screen inside that . Pull the top , make sure screen isn't clogged up . Or just remove it . Then prime it by putting water into it where the screen is . If you have water in the holding tank and it still doesn't draw I would replace the pump . After you get that working , asses the water lines to see if they leak . Replace sections if need be . Think it's P-Tex , Home Depot or RV place vs marine outlet $$ . Why make a mountain out of a mole hill ?

The Nauti Dog

Recruit
I appreciate that. Thaughts was the cost of pex or tubing wasn't too bad. The fixtures were the biggest expense. Will Def start at the pump

mr 88

Commander
RV and marine plumbing , fixtures are pretty much the same thing , so start in the RV section when looking , save some money that way .

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
FWIW. my RV is just over 1 year old, just a few weeks past the warranty period and the plastic fittings on the PEX are leaking

if you are redoing the plumbing. start new. I would probably spring for a new $70 fresh water tank

additionally with you 35+ year old boat. check the structure