87 seville blower motor

Psychosis

Cadet
I have a 87 seville I am working on, got it cheap. I cannot find the blower motor. I can flip the switch on and nothing. I can also see the big hose, looks like dryer hose just fine. I have traced the hose and cannot see the motor anywhere. I am sure it would be a tunnel blower but just wondering if maybe someone took the blower out and chunked it. Where would it be located if it was there? If I do have to buy one would a tunnel blower be what i need and if so which brand is best?

Thanks

borchjb1

Recruit
Re: 87 seville blower motor

I bought an '87 closed bow Seville last year, the blower is in the black hose as described by SDSeville. There should be a pair of wires running into it that you can follow to locate it.

Psychosis

Cadet

Thanks guys. My blower hose is on the port side, don't know if that makes a difference or not, and it is about 4" in diameter. I will look closer to see if I can find the blower. Thanks again.

Psychosis

Cadet

I found the blower mounted to the back wall on the port side in the middle of the hose. Took the hose off and reached in and turned the blades, they were slightly stuck but broke loose fine. Low and behold a small nest came out and the blades turned better. Flipped the switch and she runs like a champ.

Thanks guys.