87 GT150 VRO question (joe reeves)

Ranger 330V

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have read all the posts and just want to make for sure before I do this tommorrow that it will work. I have read your post about what to do and have looked at mine and think it will work. Will your process work on the 87 GT150?? Want to premix...this engine is ALL original...the head bolts still have the original paint on them...I've been very impressed with it...just want to make sure it stays that way.

1. cut and plug oil intake to pump, remove tank and line.

2. unhook wiring to alarms for VRO but not the ones for overheating...check these by grounding the tan wires

3. Mix and purge fuel lines and carbs with 50:1 tcw-3 oil

4. Go fishing

Is that really it?? I guess the oil side of the pump will be ok without any oil going through it anymore?? Just want the assurance of knowing its in there and done right. Thanks alot!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 87 GT150 VRO question (joe reeves)

that's it, that simple. when you remove tank, you disable that harness, by unplugging, and unplug the one on the VRO pump, cut the oil line close to the motor, put a plug in it, with a hose clamp.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 87 GT150 VRO question (joe reeves)

Most important thing is to make sure the pre mixed solution is through your system before you disconnect the VRO