86 ranger deal?

gregs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
anyone out there got a 1986 ranger 392v? Seller wants $4500. Replaced carpet, new upholstery on seats. Double axle trailer, black max 200. This boat looks good but I worry about age. I would never thought it was that old without him telling me. This boat is huge 20 ft long.

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 86 ranger deal?

I have a 97 ranger that i bought last fall for $10,000.<br />Check everything on the boat...hatches..floor..decks..seats...look in the very back rear hatch and pull up the access panel check out everything.Crawl under the boat...all the way...and check hull for damage.<br />A compresion check would be nice on the motor.but look over the lower unit carefully to see if it has ever been damaged.even remove the prop....it should easily slide off if it was well cared for.<br />The trailer is another deal....it would be a good idea to replace bearings and seals and breaks at some point....also the bunks.<br />I would say 4500 sounds right if in excellent condition.<br />also check the warning system to make sure it is working.