'86 OMC 3.0 sealant, lubes, and adhesives

gary12280

Cadet
New to this and the boat I just bought!! Boat is equipped with an OMC cobra 3.0 (manual). I believe I have a bad transom seal, as when I launched it, water came in the back and when pulling the boat out of the water, the water came back out through the sides of the transom bracket. As many have suggested, I purchased the original, '86 OMC repair manual. I have pulled the outdrive off and will need to replace all seals, gaskets, etc. Next, I will be completing all the required steps to remove the transom bracket to replace the seal and hope for solid plywood. A few questions: Step 1 of the pivot housing removal tells me to disconnect the transom bracket shift cable. Doesn't really tell me how, just points at a plastic sleeve meeting the rod. Any advice? Second question: All of the sealants, lubricants and adhesives call for OMC which I am sure are no longer available. Can anyone tell me what I should buy? I need gasket sealing compound, locquic primer, nut lock adhesive, triple-guard grease, adhesive m sealant, ultra lock adhesive, marine wheel bearing grease, hi-vis lubricant. Any help MUCH appreciated!!! Just want to do it right. Thanks!

cr2k

Captain
Re: '86 OMC 3.0 sealant, lubes, and adhesives

All are still available, Permatex Aviation sealer is a good replacement for the Gasket Sealing Compound.

gary12280

Cadet
Re: '86 OMC 3.0 sealant, lubes, and adhesives

Thanks for the info. Wheres the best "one stop shop" to buy all of this stuff?