'86 45hp Merc fuel filter

sbulla

Seaman
Quick question while I'm still waiting for my manual to show up...How does the plastic bowl come off the oem fuel filter on this motor? Does it just screw off and drop down? Looks as if it might but, I didn't want to crank on it 'till I knew for sure.

Thanks,
Sonny

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: '86 45hp Merc fuel filter

well, i saw you post and didn't know the answer, not familar with your engine, but after the comment you made in the other post. i decided to say "i don't know". if it doesn't have a clip holding the bottom, it must screw off and has a gasket on it.

sbulla

Seaman
Re: '86 45hp Merc fuel filter

well, i saw you post and didn't know the answer, not familar with your engine, but after the comment you made in the other post. i decided to say "i don't know". if it doesn't have a clip holding the bottom, it must screw off and has a gasket on it.

Sorry about that...I was just being facious...didn't mean anything by it.

I did think it was strange that someone didn't know by all the evidence of knowledge that is contained in this forum.

Anyway, I found a parts printout of the system online and it appears to screw off. Can't see any other way it would come off. Still might wait for the manual to come in the mail though.

Thanks,
Sonny