rcsoar4fun
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- Apr 29, 2006
- Messages
- 2
A buddy of mine is trying to get an old boat back in the water with an 85 HP Force. Sat about 4 years. It had a bunch of crap in the carbs. He ran new gas through it and it would idle and run fine. <br /><br />First time at the lake it would idle, but barely. It will not run in gear or even a fast idle. We isolated it to a carb problem. If I disconnect the bottom choke and operate it manually the engine will run better, if the choke is applied with throttle on the bottom carb. I opened the fuel bowl, which was full. The bowl seems good; it does not seem to leak or be sticky. There was "stuff" in the bottom of the bowl. Put it back on , started motor, took bowl off again, more flakes in it. Best as I can tell its time to take the carb off and clean it, but anything in particular that needs to be looked at?<br /><br />Thanks-<br />Kristopher