85 Force 50 water tube, where does it go???

sea sprite

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
2
I have a 85 Force 50 hp. I removed the lower unit and replaced the seals as it was taking in water. When I went to put it back together I cannot find where the long bent tube that connects to the water pump goes to. I cannot find where it connects on the other end. When I look up inside the lower unit housing there are 3 different chambers. The drive shaft goes in the one that is furthest forward. the middle one looks like that is where the tube should go?<br />thanks<br />chris
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: 85 Force 50 water tube, where does it go???

Use a flashlight with the motor tilted up. You will see a hole that it plugs into.
 

sea sprite

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
2
Re: 85 Force 50 water tube, where does it go???

I tried that yesterday but my light wasn't very brite, I will try again today. Also, when I removed the water pump there was no gasket except the metal one. Should there be one? Could I use silicone?<br />Thanks<br />Chris
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: 85 Force 50 water tube, where does it go???

I don't think you need a gasket on that model.
 
Top