83 ideas on removing 115hp impeller from shaft

mutineer

Cadet
Supposed to be (ideas on removing 1983 115hp impeller from shaft)I got to my impeller, after pulling off the housing and inspecting it, there looks to be a piece that has broke off or even melted away. I am going to try and add a picture. Also found that the blades on the impeller are cracked and damaged. I am unable to get the impeller off the shaft though. I have tried carefully to pry it off so as not to scratch the shaft but have had no luck. It is really on there. Any ideas I could try? As for the pictures i am not having any luck.

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 83 ideas on removing 115hp impeller from shaft

I just replaced my 1981-115 impeller, it to was stuck on,spray a lube on the mating surfaces then...
1st try holding the impeller while turning the shaft back and forth a small amount, it wont turn much since it is keyed to the shaft but it will turn about 3 degree or so
2nd hold the impeller and gently tap down on the shaft while pulling up on the impeller,it should come off then

AlTn

Commander

worse come to worse use a cold chiesel to cut through the brass center of the impeller...any scratch or mark left on the shaft will be covered by the new impeller

mutineer

Cadet

Thank you all for the help. I was able to get it off using adoseth recommendation. Got the new housing and kit on its way and hopefully will have it together for the weekend.