82 Ranger V-375 - Wire and cable access?

Realdon

Seaman
Just recently purchased this boat for a winter project. I need to do a lot of wiring and run new livewell valve cables. Most of these wires and cables run from the dash area to the motor area with a few to the bow. Just what is the secret to gaining access to the do this on the starboard side of the boat? Some of the old wires will not even pull out let alone get new ones in!

And one more question: I have an extra hose (about 1/4" to 3/8" diameter) coming from somewhere in the stern area to the dash. It is not for the speedometer or the water pressure as both of them are in place. Was there ever a hose like this that had anything to do do with the oil injection or remote oil tank on a 1993 Mercury 150 hp? If no one knows of anything it must just be an old failed speedometer hose that was replaced and the old one left in place.

You comments are appreciated,

Don

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 82 Ranger V-375 - Wire and cable access?

The wires are probably just encapsilated with foam filler. Try tieing the new wire to the old really good and yank them back and forth. They will let loose sooner or later. The tube is probably just an old hose or maybe insulation from a wire that got pulled out. Let me knowI hope this helps.