'79 Chevy Cheyenne

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Hi all,
I was wondering if you can help us out. We're looking to sell our '79 Chevy Blazer, but have no idea what price range they're going for. Kelly Blue Book doesn't seem to go back to 1979. Any advice on how to find out what we can sell it for? We're just looking to get a fair price for it, but just have been out of the buying for a while. Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.
Bassy

ZmOz

Captain
Re: '79 Chevy Cheyenne

Generally they go for about $1-2 grand in poor condition and $4-6 grand in good condition. NADA guides (nadaguides.com) goes back that far, though their numbers are usually made up by a retarded goat. I suggest you look at craigslist in your area (craigslist.org) and see what they are selling for, and that's a great place to try and sell it too.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hi Bassy,

Edmunds goes back to 1980 and has a used car calculated value. Obviously the only way to sell it and make close to what you want is to do it privately. Ebay is good if you are willing to tolerate the task and it exposes it to a larger market.

Nice salt free/rust free Blazers usually draw a premium price.

Bob

Jim13

Seaman

What kind of shape is it in? Is it 4WD? Rust?

I bought a rusty 79 4WD truck for $500 a couple of years ago, but sold a straight good running 2WD 85 for $2,500.

Try Chevytalk.com and ask them there.8)

Good bunch of guys.

MRS

Commander

I had a 79 chevy 4x4 body was in good shape original paint not perfect few little dents and scratches from a few rough hunt trips. I had it about twenty years it did run great I rebuilt the motor and trans. after it hit over 300,000 miles had about 90,000 on truck after the rebuild of motor and trans. and the trans. burnt up my fault I do tend to work my trucks a little to hard the motor was still running strong was going to fix trans. and sell some guy come over and looked at it and I told him I needed to fix trans. and would sell for 3,500.00 or 2,000.00 as is he gave me 2,000.00 and was happy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

The Blazer is actually in real good shape, no rust and just oxidized with a dent in the front right fender. Good body otherwize and fair interior, just normal wear. That NADA.com helped a lot, so now we know more what we're looking at. Thank you all so much. You were a big help. We'd like to keep it but its such a gas hog and we need something with better mpg.
Bassy