'78 mercruiser 898 - dropped washer through distributor hole

hef05

Recruit
Hello, my dumb a$$ dropped a bolt and washer through the distributor hole on the back of the intake manifold. While I was fishing it out, the washer fell off and went into what I think is an oil drain hole to the left (looking from front of engine toward the back)of the oil pump shaft. The bolt/washer were laying next a push rod by that hole. I Think the hole leads back to the oil pump/shaft and hopefully into the oil pan. I have ordered a scope cam to look farther but due to accessibility cant see much past the oil pump shaft or down into the other hole. The engine compartment doesn't help me to see into the hole very well. I have looked for engine diagrams to try to see where that hole leads but can't seem to get that info. The washer is SS so no magnet will help plus I can't see it at the moment. Pulling the engine isn't an option, dropping the oil pan isn't an option and I just replaced the intake manifold gasket so hoping not to do that again (reason why I was try to fish out, should've pulled intake manifold and just grabbed with my hand). If any one can confirm where the washer should be that would be great! Thanks in advance!