FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Yes, The raw water pump is what needs to be rebuild, they were run in salt water and have sat for 3 years or so. New ones are 300.00 plus and used fresh water ones are about half, $150.00.
I've delivered some commericial vessels and know the raw water pumps are rebuild all of the time with new impellers and races. I was hoping these could be rebuild in the same way instead of replacing them.
I pulled them apart in between posts, they need end covers, o ring, impellars, cams and wear plates the #'s on the end cover is 59155, on the one pump is 46-63450 and the other is 46-73823. They may be Jabsco.
I did look here first put I cannot find the parts, any Idea's?
Jabsco's are all bronze. That's what I have on my boat. They're pretty much completely rebuildable.
I get parts from another source that I won't mention.
There have been raw water pump 'conversions' to the crank mounted styles if you have the room, which are easier to service compared to the merc version.