75 force staring problems

snez

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
1
While trying to start my 1997 75 hp Force the other day, the starter was making a whining noise. The motor took an extremely long time to crank and whne it sounded as if it would turn over, the motor went died. Several cranks later the motor eventually died and I had to jump start it. After the jump it ran fine until I turned it off. When I went to start it again I got nothing. I checked the battery and it is shwoing over 12 volts. Any suggestions as to the problem?
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: 75 force staring problems

A half dead or dying battery will still read over 12 Volts. A fully charged good battery will read about 12.75 volts. I would have the battery replaced or at least load tested.
 
Top