74 Johnson 15hp fuel pump

We're Here

Seaman Apprentice
It's obviously not put together correctly. I've looked at diagrams on this site and the manufacturers of the fuel pump kit, but the best I can find is the fuel pump assembly already assembled. Can anyone help me with details about which membrane goes where, and where the spring goes? Fuel pumps are pricey and I'd sure hate to have to buy one if the one I have just isn't put together correctly.

Thanks.

We're Here

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 74 Johnson 15hp fuel pump

Perfect, Rick. That helps immensely.

Pete

Rick.

Captain

When yo get a minute drop LeeRoy a line of thanks. I can't imagine how many hours he's put into this resource (web site) for all of our benefit. Rick.

We're Here

Seaman Apprentice

Rebuilt per the link provided, and it looks great. It passed the blow test and I can feel the valve opening and closing. I can't test it yet until the carb is back together, but I feel pretty good following the instructions provided.

Thanks again, Pete

Rick.

Captain

Got your Message. Very nice of you. While your waiting for carb. parts it would be advised to check your points for correct gap (.020) and that they are super clean. Hope your motor goes like stink. I'm sure it will. Rick.

We're Here

Seaman Apprentice

Checked the points and adjusted. I need a few tune-up parts that I'll put in this weekend, but I put her together to test the pump and carb. It ran like a champ for 45 minutes. I'm psyched.

Spent Sunday scraping 35 year old carpet and glue with a smile on my face. :D Thanks for the help. Pete