73 Fiberform Continental

KHAAAN!

Recruit
Since my question is also "foam under the floor", I figured I would add it to here.
I have a 73 Fiberform Continental, 19 foot. I had thought the floor was rotten, and needed a whole replacement. Upon cutting the carpet at the soft spot, I now see that it looks as though the gas tank was replaced, and the previous owners had cut out the middle section of the floor, and just dropped some plywood back in and carpeted over it. So IT is what rotted.
I pulled the rotten plywood piece out and underneath, packed on the sides and top of the gas tank are strips of 3" x 5" styrofoam / eps "boards". Does anyone know where one can find these?
It is the center area, that draws back to the bilge, so the pour foam isn't looking like an option I want to go with.
Thanks for any info.

KHAAAN!

Recruit
Attaching wood to the stringers,

I was doing a "soft spot" replacement, I thought, but upon pulling carpet I see that an old owner had cut out a 2' x 6' section of deck in the center, between 2 stringers, had replaced it with regular plywood, and, well...
They had stapled 1" x 2"s to the stringers, with 2" staples, as support tabs for the deck piece, also all rotted.
All of this is now out, and I have a new piece of marine plywood ready to go in, and am getting either 1x2s or 2x4s for the tabs.
What is the proper way to put these tabs onto the stringer? I'm guessing gluing on and glassing over, but am not 100%.
Thank you for any answers or directions to a previous post covering this.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't you where are, but Lowes and Home Dept and other home improvement stores sell the foam boards in the insulation section.