Re: $700 to rebuild Carb!!
Agreed but marina's are in it to make money, I bought a $20 OMC tank up in the Muskoka's for $85 2 summers ago. Maybe he can get F_R to do it @ $10 / hour, I remember him mentioning his labour rate in the day. Think $95 an hour is bad, go price out an oil change on a Ferrari. Paying a marina to do lower unit oil and fog the motor for winter is like $200. People pay $200+ dollars to shrink wrap their boats every season!!!Yes it's crazy in terms of the "do it your selfers", I'd never pay anyone $700 to work on my v-4 but if I had the cash and really didn't want to bother doing it I'd pay even more just to avoid buying the tools, manuals , the time and the risk of messing something up if I had a fear of doing it myself.