FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 7.5 Sea king by Clinton. I can't get any spark. Did any of these motors have electronic ignition. I don't see any points on it.
model K753 5106B
Serial 1400921
KTV 52307B
I had a K750 Clinton and it had points. I looked at the manual and all K750 models had points. I know Eska made some with Solid state ignitions.because I had one.
I haven't had any luck finding info or parts for the original ignition but I have found a solution to the problem. I installed a standard coil and a Nova II chip in the place of the points. It starts and runs great.