6hp johnson long shaft or short?

supercoolbabe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
103
What are the lenghts between the short shaft and the long shaft on a 1970-80 johnson/evinrude 6 hp and can they be changed relatively easy?
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: 6hp johnson long shaft or short?

short shaft 15-17 inches, long shaft 20 -22 inches, depending on year. have to have a kit, have to change drive shaft, shift shaft ,water tube and exhaust housing, case extension.
 

supercoolbabe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
103
Re: 6hp johnson long shaft or short?

Thank you very much!



"The more I learn the less I seem to know"
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: 6hp johnson long shaft or short?

"The more I learn the less I seem to know" ain't that the truth.
 
Top