68' evinrude 55 triumph electric choke

voigto85

Cadet
I am working on rewiring the engine harness on a 68' evinrude 55 triumph and I have a question about the electric choke solenoid, on the choke solenoid there is 2 wires comming off of it one is red with a white stripe and the other is red with a yellow stripe, I think the one with the white stripe goes to the choke switch on the dash i dont know where the on with the yellow stripe goes

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 68' evinrude 55 triumph electric choke

Hi voigto....<br /><br />On your model engine, the choke solenoid was also activated by a temp switch on the head. If you look at the back of the head, you will see to temp switchs on the head, the wires really, one mounted high for overheat warning and one mounted low. The lower one would gradually let the choke come all the way open until the engine reached operating temp. Really, ya' don't need the darn thing unless your restoring the engine for grins. You can leave the wire disconnected and operated the choke from the dash choke switch. The lower temp switch will have two wires coming from it unless someone has already cut them off.

voigto85

Cadet
Re: 68' evinrude 55 triumph electric choke

thats what I kinda thought but i wasnt fully sure <br />that helped alot thanks outboardjim