56 degrees below zero...How long till June?

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
56 below means it could warm up 87 degrees and still make ice, that's almost sureal. :( Fortunate for me that was the low temp north of us about 90 miles, Here it was a balmy -40 degrees below this morning. <br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I love it here where I'm at...At least 51 weeks a year, but boy has this past week (5 days anyway) been a bear. Four of the last 5 nights have seen -30 or colder. the temps are supposed to moderate in the next couple days, and that as they say is a good thing. <br /><br />I love our four seasons here but after this week I am ready for a warm up...Oh say maybe 141 degrees in the next 5 months to a more temperate 85, Hey a guy can fantisize right! :) <br />Guess it will be here soon enoufgh.

D

DJ

Re: 56 degrees below zero...How long till June?

I remember when I lived there. A 140 degree temp differential from January to August was not unusual.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

-56 sounds like another planet to me.<br /><br />Jinx

Link

Rear Admiral

Good reason to play in the shop with the hover craft! Do you still have it??

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's +41 here in Orlando and I'm cold!!!! I can't fathom 20 degrees or -40 degrees.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Used to like this snow as a kid in NY, now it it simply depressing, but so is cutting the lawn in January. No easy answer. Just make it April. I can cope.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

-3 here this morning. Not as bad as your weather neumanns. I just hate it when the temps go to their extreme. Got 3 calls for heating problem already. Of course the units are on the roof. I just hope it is simple things like a broken belt, or even a bad program in the T-stat. <br /><br />At least here in Ohio we only have about 2 more months of this extreme low temps. I'm just glad they are not as consistant as what they are further north!

gaugeguy

Captain

Dang Nuemanns, that's cold enough to freeze the b***s off a brass monkey. I like the winter and all, but that is just too cold to do anything. <br /><br />-3 as well here right now, but were supposed to see that arctic blast you're seeing tonight. Supposed to hit -30.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

sorry guys<br /> I just dont see much difference from -56 or -3<br /> its still way to cold<br /> it was 21 here last night<br /> its still 78 in venezuela:)<br /> man I gotta go<br /> 2 seasons wet and drier:) :) . but the lows are always in the 70's and the highs are in the 80's year round. no hurricanes or tornados.<br /> good beer that is dirt cheap. good rum. 28 cent a gallon premium unleaded and fantastic fishing. a maid 5 days a week for 8 dollars a day. means no more laundry or doing dishes :) :) .<br />and my artheritis problems dissapear cause no lage pressure variations in the atmosphere.<br /> so I gotta go soon :) :) .<br /> my fiance and I are trying to start a business taking tourists fishing and kayacking. anybody interested ?

one more cast

Captain

lots of difference between -3 and -42(never seen -56) at -3 your car still starts if its in good tune. At -42 the seat of your car is like a board,the tires feel like there square if you can finally get it running, the car heater blower makes a loud slow squealing noise and it hurts to breath.

gaugeguy

Captain

Hey Rodbolt, I have a good friend in Venezuala that I was in the Marines with. He has been trying to talk me into going down there for 15 years now. I was seriously thinking about going down last year but he talked me out of it. Told me give it a couple years. I guess the president down there (Hugo?) has things all messed up and the poor people are kidnapping foriegn people for ransom.<br /><br />You are exactly right OMC. ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Anyone want to wager how much the population of Minnesota will rise in about 9 months???<br /><br /> :p :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

gaugeguy<br /> in caracas its a bit dicey.<br /> margarita island and the rio chico areas are not really affected. also stay away from the columbian border area:)<br /> my fiance wanted to take me to the san cristobal area. no way :) :) my kids wont pay the ransom:). if itws -3 it means I have strayed WAYYYYY to far north and its time to hitch up the riendeer and head south :) <br /> I dont know how you northern people can live like that. give me 98* and 95% humidity anyday :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

-56 B-B-BRRRRRRRRR!!! and I want to move up North :( :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

teens here today... AND we got 2 feet of snow<br />yesterday.<br />beat that :p

dolluper

Captain

It's easy at-41 plus or subtract a few fingers ,put car in heated garage and wax it to keep the salt damage down ,if you don't have heated garage use battery blanket and block heater see no problem just those square tires for a couple of miles rattling your teeth

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Tho outside temperature is all in what you are used to.I managed a restaurant in central Minnesota a number of years back when the temp was -40 for three days in which we had NO business.Then the temp went up to 0 and people were out and about like it was mid spring.<br /><br />We Northers are a hearty bunch!!!!!

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Well today brings us a 60 degree warm up to a nice 20 degrees and it is currantly snowing...We went from the frozen north back to a winter wonderland. Yes it is all in what ya make of it, today is gorgous day in spite of the rather windy conditions. Makes me want to get out and do somthing, maybe take the kids sledding they have been cooped up for a few days.<br /><br />Bart, we are a hardy bunch...I'll bet many of our friends here couldn't handle a 140+ degree warm up<br /><br />Went to town this morning and didn't have to warm up the truck...Heck I didn't even do up my coat. Sure hope I didn't disgrace any of my cold weather friends by griping about the cold and dreaming about the warm. Must have been a moment of weakness...Forget June, couple of weeks above zero looks real good right now!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Anyone want to wager how much the population of Minnesota will rise in about 9 months???<br /><br /> :p :D
Gives a whole new meaning to FROZEN EMBRYOS
460.gif