55 hp chrysler coils

eyemall2006

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
6
In my last post I asked if I could use automotive or motorcycle coils in place of my coils on this motor. If I cant where could I get a set for it.The ignition system is a battery with a two lead alternator stator.
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: 55 hp chrysler coils

A model number would sure help. This is off a 1974 Chrysler 55 HP. Coil number from mercury is F345475-2 and cost is $111.00 each however without a model number it would be hard to tell if this coil will work for youl.
 

eyemall2006

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
6
Re: 55 hp chrysler coils

The model number for my motor is 557hg and the ser # is 5088.It is a 1975 model.
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: 55 hp chrysler coils

If you have the magna system the part F345475-2 is correct from mercury. If it is a standard ignition the coil comes with the boot and wire and clip attached part number 85-818076A2 and the price is 90 dollars at mercury.
 
Top