lightman32
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- Jul 22, 2009
- Messages
- 2
5.7 Mercruiser 350 mag ski Thunderbolt V Timing at 5000 ft Elevation
I understand setting the igniyion system to base mode by grounding the purple and white wire. And I have set my timing to 10 d btdc as specified . The boat runs great . I know on cars the timing must be slightly retarded for elevation , is this necessary on the boat ? If so how much ? Thank you in advance .
I understand setting the igniyion system to base mode by grounding the purple and white wire. And I have set my timing to 10 d btdc as specified . The boat runs great . I know on cars the timing must be slightly retarded for elevation , is this necessary on the boat ? If so how much ? Thank you in advance .