4th of July storm

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer
https://plus.google.com/photos/1003...s/5762024783796673169?authkey=CNvd6ZuJpbOS1AE

Small photo album with a couple boat pics and a short video of the storm. It was dead calm, then this storm rolled thru at 45mph, raged for 15 minutes and then it was dead calm again. Tons of boats around me pulled up their anchors and ended up piled on the beach.
The bay was busier than usual, as everyone was piling in for the fireworks just as this hit.
I pulled 2 boats off the beach, one guy insisted I take some money for helping, handed me some soggy bills, turned out to be $60.
Went to offer help to the Silverton that was beached, but 2 service boats from one of the local marinas showed up at the same time and took over, then the police showed up. Cops ended up towing him back to a marina.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 4th of July storm

Great shots. Yup, up North got spanked with that one. I was at (not on) Bomoseen and it was not too bad.

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 4th of July storm

It was wild, anchoring literally 30 seconds before it hit, and watching it roll across the bay as I was hitching the anchor line. All the boats around me disappeared into a sheet of sideways rain, and when it let up, only half the boats I saw to begin with were still there.

Props to the Big Ugly Boat though. Rode it out smooth enough you can just catch a glimpse of my girlfriend cutting up squash to put on the grill as the storm raged. Felt bad for the guy in the bow rider who was off to my right. He didn't have anything but his windshield to hide behind.