454 Chevy Engine

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: 454 Chevy Engine

you have to get the casting number off the side of the block and take it to a dealership thay will be able to tell you

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

You will need the serial number off the block. It's located on a ledge is found on the passenger side of the block deck at the front. If your alternator is on the passenger side of the motor, the ledge on the block deck is right below it. You may have to move the alternator to be able to read this engine assembly code. Some blocks have the engine assembly code on a flat portion of the block above the timing cover mating surface on the front of the block.

cast1.gif
cast4.gif

454EngineSerialLocation01.jpg

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Where've you been keeping yourself? We were getting worried. :^

QC

Supreme Mariner

Ooops . . . I guess that was a Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I think that Bassy must be moonlighting. She still seems to be AWOL.:p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Dunaruna said:
[colour=blue]Hey!! You stole my sig :|

Who did Aldo? BTW, how did things work out with the big fire?

Dunaruna

Admiral

[colour=blue]Kevin's techno sig.

The fires are still raging, 2,500,000 acres turned to ash - and counting :%

QC said:
Ooops . . . I guess that was a Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

I will see your three dittos and raise you two anonymous quotes and one lawsuit for plagarism. ;)

PS. remove the reference to jtex and I will drop the lawsuit. ???

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

3 days and counting! Bassy has definitely gone AWOL on us again. Maybe she was chained to the 454 when her paramour decided to dump it into Pine Flat Lake.???

Everyone keep their eye out for a yellow bikini.:p

Dunaruna

Admiral

[colour=blue]Maybe she is experiencing cyberspace difficulties.

Maybe someone should shoot her an e-mail and ask........

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hi everyone. I'm here, First thank you for the information. Its exactly what we were looking for. Where have I been. Well, I'll tell ya what I haven't been doing: No boating, no fishing. I'm quite the grump. But work is keeping pretty busy. Glad to hear from you. I check in often, just don't post. But I am around.
Thanks again. Here's to a happy new year and a good reason to take out that yellow bikini.
But with this 18 degree weather we're having, it won't be soon.
Bassy

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Im sure I speak for all of us here when I say we miss your cute little avatar popping in to peek at us. And just to prove that you're OK, I'm sure everyone here (just for our collective peace of mind you understand) would like to see a pic of you in that yellow bikini. :p

Question about Squaw Valley. A nearby lake has drawn criticism in recent months. There is a bay that has been called Squaw Bay since before anybody can remember why. I wondered what the fuss was all about. I never considered the term for a female native American to be deragatory. Turns out that isn't quite what it means. Squaw doesn't actually refer to a female, but to ... how can I say this tactfully ... female plumbing. Any flack about that by you?