420 hurricane

Davey kauf

Recruit
Looking for all advice. Just bought used. Whitish tubes. Grease gwowth dirt and grime. How do i clean? Removed tube from hull want to spit shine. Anti foul paint and maybe even gelcoat? Inside outside of hull. Thnx

cledus

Cadet
Re: 420 hurricane

Your best bet is going to be to get a good quality inflatable boat cleaner such as mary kate or poly marine brand. A light(white) sctoch brite pad will not be to abrasive and will go aloig way to helping to clean the boat. For the fiberglass hull you'll probably want a heavier duty cleaner designed for fiberglass. Unless the boat is really worn you probably won't need to regelcoat whic hsi a challenge in itself. The good news is most parts are probably still available for that boat.
A lot of the Zodiac ribs were all built at the hurricane factory in Canada until the early to mid 90's. I think your boat is probabyl a Pro or yachtline 420 built by hurricane. It may be listed on the capacity tag along with a typr'serie number and the serial number. these numbers are important if you ever need parts or new tubes. Defender stocks a lot of the Zodiac parts and haas great pricing. their webiste is www.defender.com.

Good luck with the new boat !
-C

Davey kauf

Recruit
Re: 420 hurricane

Thanks for the reply
Hoping to hear about a home remedy.
The bottom of the tubes have barnacle residue
Top of tubes have grease around stern and grime everywhere else
Haviing a bit of a time navigating this forum site
Guess i will learn as i go
How do you test for pinholes?