4.3 I/O - Need belt, oil information and coolant information

tbmaciii

Cadet
Ive posted a few times on here and you guys are more than helpful. I just have a few more questions and have my serial number now to make things easier. On a paper I received when buying the boat it says my 4.3L`s serial is 0M621457 and model is 4-211025RS

I need a new belt, what belt?
Owners manual says Quicksilver 25w-40 oil, is this correct?
and I cant find a place for coolant to go, whats the deal with the coolant?

Thank you guys, I appreciate it

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 4.3 I/O - Need belt, oil information and coolant information

I need a new belt, what belt?
Click Here, type in your serial number and look under alternator for your choices of belts.

Owners manual says Quicksilver 25w-40 oil, is this correct?
Yes

and I cant find a place for coolant to go, whats the deal with the coolant?
Do you have a closed cooling system or is it raw water cooled. The owners manuals cover both.
If you aren't sure, post some pictures.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

He posted a picture of his engine (serpentine belt set up incorrectly), he has raw water cooling.... No coolant, just the ocean.. :D :D

http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser...ging-belt-4-3l-mercruiser-picture-604423.html

As for a belt, just use the Gates 6PK1930.... WAY cheaper than Merc rip-off price.

And I'm not going to even start on oil. :facepalm:

Chris.......

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

He posted a picture of his engine (serpentine belt set up incorrectly), he has raw water cooling.... No coolant, just the ocean.. :D :D

http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser...ging-belt-4-3l-mercruiser-picture-604423.html

As for a belt, just use the Gates 6PK1930.... WAY cheaper than Merc rip-off price.

And I'm not going to even start on oil. :facepalm:

Chris.......

Didn't think it was necessary for me (or anyone else for that matter) to check his old threads to find out what he has.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I just remembered his name and what it was all about.. Sorry boss, won't happen again... :(