FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: 4.3 GXI B annoying limp mode / injector driver problem
It's also for a MEIF 3, not 4 like Volvo is using on your B model. Completely different, so don't even try to use it. Use the manual I gave you, it's Volvo and the proper year.
Re: 4.3 GXI B annoying limp mode / injector driver problem
So after a few hours baking in the 35 degree Brisbane heat.....check out the pic, this is where the purple wires join on the back of the trim gauge (of course the last one I got to). As soon as I started moving wires behind the dash the pumps started buzzing / the buzzer beeped etc. The nut was loose and the yellow line highlights how loose this contact was. And the nut had seized on the stud in this position, so the wires had been like this for the near 2 years I have owned this boat. I am surprised this thing ever started. I took it out for an hour to test drive it in 25 - 30 knot winds and bay chop and it did not miss a beat.
So above all - thanks to those who sent info and posted suggestions - especially to Don who's purple wire suggestion was the culprit!!