4.3 GL starving for fuel

Alaboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Brought boat home today to pull gas tank out and inspect. Siphoned all the gas out and very little sediment in there. Pulled sending unit out to have a look see and inside of tank looked good with no gunk. Guess what I did find though? One of those round cardboard seals from a fuel conditioner bottle. Eureka, I think I found the problem.. this little thing was floating around in the bottom of tank and occasionally getting sucked up to the fuel pickup and stopping flow of fuel. Whenever I would unscrew filter, it would break that suction and fall away waiting for the next time. Hopefully this thread can be done. Gonna get a fresh filter and head back to lake with a full tank and see what happens.

Misterbulbous

Seaman Apprentice
This is a dumb question and not meant to divert from your thread (I hope you found the issue).

Q. Is there a filter or anti-siphon valve on the vent line? if so, is it down in the tank? or up near the vent hole at the exterior of the boat.

alldodge

Staff member
This is a dumb question and not meant to divert from your thread (I hope you found the issue).

Q. Is there a filter or anti-siphon valve on the vent line? if so, is it down in the tank? or up near the vent hole at the exterior of the boat.

No
antisiphon valve is only on the fuel line

There is a check valve on newer model boats to keep fumes from venting into the atmosphere

Alaboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hope that was it and you have a great boating season

Yes, seems to have been the problem. Went back out the next day with full tank of gas and fresh filter and it ran like a champ with absolutely no glitches.:D