3rd Anniversary of Sept. 11th

KennyKenCan

Commander
I was just wondering how the rest of you will be commemorating the 3rd Anniversary of Sept. 11th.<br /><br />I, myself, will be attending the memorial services here at "Ground Zero" in NYC, just as I have done every year.<br /><br />Lets hear how you plan on commemorating this event.

gonfishn

Commander
Re: 3rd Anniversary of Sept. 11th

I will be there in spirit KKC..Many here know what you went through..A vet salutes you on the eve of what has changed the lives of many and how we move through life now..

Ralph 123

Captain

So much to say and yet it would be so selfish when I consider how much so many suffered. I am lucky and I know it.<br /><br />I know I will wake up, look to the sky to see if it matches the perfection of that f'in day and I will hug my son a little tighter than usual and I will remember...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> I was just wondering how the rest of you will be commemorating the 3rd Anniversary of Sept. 11th.<br /><br />I, myself, will be attending the memorial services here at "Ground Zero" in NYC, just as I have done every year.<br /><br />Lets hear how you plan on commemorating this event.
Thank you KKC.<br />I too know what you went through and you with some others know what I went through on that day.<br /><br />Please say a word for John while your there.<br /><br />They never found him so that in it's own does not let me have any closure to that day.<br /><br />Maybe some day, but not as of yet.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

wow, tuff question Kenny... human nature is to<br />forget the bad things, but MY will never forget.<br />guess I'll make it a point to talk with my 2 older<br />kids in the hope that they will also remember.<br />a few quiet moments of prayer/reflection as well<br />prob.

KennyKenCan

Commander

SBN,<br /><br />If there is anything else that I can do for you, please let me know.<br /><br />You know how to contact me...

LadyFish

Admiral

I will do what I've done the past three years; reflect a little deeper, cry a little harder, hug my family a little tighter, hold them a little closer, fly my flag a little higher, and thank God for my all blessings.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I will be reflecting on the day during a quiet time of my own. Then as it turns out, I have a tournament to attend. I will ask the one friend's wife, who is a priest/minister, to say a few things. I always at least spend some time by myself reflecting on the day.

Carphunter

Commander

My family will spend some quiet moments in prayer and reflection.<br /><br />KKC and SBN, you know the Carpy's will be saying a special prayer for you all and your families,............just like we do every year.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I get a bit "shorter of fuse" on this day. I don't want to hear opposition to the war.<br />I remeber how naive I was pre-attack, and how my grandchildren will never know such naivety.<br />And that makes me even 'shorter of fuse'.

tylerin

Commander

I'm not a praying guy but it WILL be a day for me to look back on with sadness. I wish Spinner KKC and the others on iboats the best on this tragic day. God help those suffering

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> I get a bit "shorter of fuse" on this day. I don't want to hear opposition to the war.<br />I remeber how naive I was pre-attack, and how my grandchildren will never know such naivety.<br />And that makes me even 'shorter of fuse'.
Yup that pretty much sums it up for me too.<br />I will also remember TV footage that night of Muslims in Seattle and Vancouver BC cheering as they replayed the planes crashing into the towers! These have never been shown since that night!<br />I will also go out to FT Lewis where they are going to have a parade honoring those who have fallen since then and those who still serve.<br /><br />Like others, when your there at ground zero remember we are there with you in spirit.<br /><br />Peace to you, Spinner and the rest who lost so much that day.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

There are a few events in everyone's lifetime that they remember where they were at the time. I remember where I was when man set foot on the Moon, and I remember where I was on 9/11.<br /><br />My flag is looking a pretty faded. Time to buy another one. I'll go get a new one and reflect on why I'm flying it today.

LadyFish

Admiral

It was important for me to watch this today no matter how painful. It will make you cry, but it will also help you pray.<br /><br />9-11-2001 with updated pics<br /><br />God bless America and all her beautiful citizens who endured that horrible event.<br /><br />God bless our troops and their mission to see that none like it ever occurs again.<br /><br />God bless our president, who said enough was enough.<br />
remember.jpg
<br /><br />War is costly...but freedom is priceless

Link

Rear Admiral

LadyFish<br /><br />Thank you for the last two posts today.<br />Some may not want to watch the first with good reason, but for the rest, it is a good reminder as we as humans tend to try and forget grief.<br /><br />This should NEVER be forgotten!<br /> <br />Even though Humbled by it, you have brought me great joy today. If you were to look in (the Good news section) of this forum you would see that in the past I've mentioned Enya as one of my favorite artists, (JB's post) in private I've told my wife, that if I ever met her I would most likely never play her music again.<br /><br />In general I have wery little use for artists or Hollywierds<br /><br />Her song "Only Time" is one of my favorites, and played it just last night. <br /><br />I had no idea that it was tied into this video..<br /><br />I am humbled by the fact that I "AGAIN" pre-judged someone I've never met. But on the bright side I will enjoy her music even more from now on.

LadyFish

Admiral

Link, thank you for taking the time to look at my posts and sit through the very painful reminder.<br /><br />Many of us would like to forget, but the truth is we will NEVER forget. It has changed the lives of all of America.<br /><br />My heart bleeds today and everyday for the survivors, the families and friends, and all of America that we had to go through such an ugly day in our lives.<br /><br />I pray for us all.

NOSLEEP

Commander

I hadn't seen that before LadyFish.<br />Nice to see it today.

tylerin

Commander

Thank You L/F Difficult to watch. I'll never forget

Ralph 123

Captain

What a moving tribute. Sadly there are too many Americans who think America is the problem. That is why Zell Miller was truly so angry....