350 Magnum EFI - 1995

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 350 Magnum EFI - 1995

Warren, Please shut off the cap locks key. In forums typing in all caps is considered yelling. And I doubt you are yelling. <br />The worst part is it's so darned hard to read.<br />Many people just pass over threads with all caps. I know I do.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Warren you need to check the map sensor with a vaccum guage. Determin if it will hold a vaccum. Since you said it backfire it could have burst the diaphram in it. This would set both codes. High map sensor voltage reading, due to no vaccum. The ECU recognizes a variable difference between the two sensors under different throttle conditions. With no vaccum reading from map sensor the voltage will remain at the 5 volt refrence, ECU thinks your at idle, but then realizes TPS voltage is high due to opened throttle position.<br /><br />At idle, high vaccum = low voltage at MAP sensor<br />At WOT, low vaccum - high voltage at MAP<br />At idle, low voltage at TPS<br />At WOT, high voltage at TPS

warrenfine

Cadet

cap lock off - right all i need is the boat working and i'm sorted - sorry for yelling.<br /><br />i dont have a vacuum tester but as a contingency plan i ordered new map sensor and tps.<br /><br />i havnt got to the water yet.... will go in the morning if the error codes return then i can try the new map.<br />that explains why the error codes dont reset the engine wasnt running.<br /><br />thanks everyone for all the help it is much appreciated.<br /><br />will fwd on the results<br /><br />warren

warrenfine

Cadet

i just wanted to thank everyone for all the help again.<br /><br />since shanging the map sensor i have no problems for a while.<br /><br />a big thanks<br /><br />warren