350 Mag MPI Horizon died at sea, cannot find the problem.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
yep we all love electronic injection in our modern cars that run the same day after day, we never had that with carbs back in the '70s due to poor implementation of emissions regs. However when you grow up with Quadrajets, Holleys and Carters (now Edelbrock) it gets in your blood and you always have an affinity for them (well some of us do). Being able to get parts and repair common problems being totally independent of the robber baron pricing policies of Merc and Volvo, priceless lol! Long live the aftermarket, you can go out and buy a brand new Holley or Edelbrock for less than the cost of an electric fuel pump for a Volvo or Merc inboard engine and motor on if your old one is beyond rebuilding. I have the original 32 year old Quadrajet, that I am using on the boat now and a spare Holley 4160 4bbl I can use if something happens to the QJet. Replaced a 30 year old mechanical pump for about $85.

Plus knowing how to deal with carbs has a good side-benefit if you will, you can also keep all your small engine/yard equipment going. I have a 33 year old lawn mower (Briggs & Stratton 3.5 hp), a 22 year old 2 stroke snow blower, and 3 Echo 2 stroke machines (blower, weed wacker and hedge trimer) as well as a Husqvarna 2stroke chain saw all approx 10 years old.
All very valid points. Totally appreciate them.