35 hp evenrude #35802R Upper Driveshaft Seals

jrboat2011

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
36
What is the best way to replace the upper Driveshaft seals
 

jasper60103

Commander
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
2,055
Re: 35 hp evenrude #35802R Upper Driveshaft Seals

What is the best way to replace the upper Driveshaft seals

If you're referring to part #23, I had success prying it out with a seal puller. I've heard others say a flat blade screw driver works as well. Be careful not to gouge or scrape the side walls. Good luck.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...manufacturer=Evinrude&section=Gearcase-+35+Hp


SDC12050.jpg
 

jrboat2011

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
36
Re: 35 hp evenrude #35802R Upper Driveshaft Seals

do I need to pull out drive shaft,
 

jasper60103

Commander
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
2,055
Re: 35 hp evenrude #35802R Upper Driveshaft Seals

do I need to pull out drive shaft,

Yes, you have remove the drive shaft. Also, this would be a convenient time to replace the water pump or impeller if it hasn't been done in a while.
 

jrboat2011

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
36
Re: 35 hp evenrude #35802R Upper Driveshaft Seals

will the drive shaft just pull out, or do i have to take the whole lower unit guts apart,
 
Top