FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I pulled my boat out of storage yesterday and found gear oil leaking out of the intakes on the lower unit. I've already got a new impeller I was planning on putting in, but what seals and ect. should I get while I've got the case split?
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... I'm gonna guess the shift spool seal,.....
When ya split the cases, follow the oil trail to the leak,....
Oil flows downhill, look up til there ain't any, 'n ya just went by the problem spot,....
If that don't work, pressure test it to see what's leakin',.....