3.0 liter sparkplug.

gabe1

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
57
Hello

I have a 1988 3.0L GM 181 I/L4 mercruiser.

I want to change the sparkplugs on this engine(ac-MR43T) but I can not find them anywhere.

I was told that champion RV15YC4 and NGK BR6FS
are the same?

What sparkplug should I use ?

Thanks
Gabriel
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: 3.0 liter sparkplug.

Either use the BR6FS, or the MR43T plug. Avoid the Champion plugs at all cost.
 

ron7000

Banned
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
498
Re: 3.0 liter sparkplug.

AC-R43T is equivalent to the AC-MR43T. look for that if you want AC delco.

NGK BR6FS has stock #4323, sometimes the stock # is more easily found.
You can also use NGK v-power plug YR5 stock #7052.
I would recommend the v-power YR5 before the BR6FS, both before the R43T. All are $2 plugs.

The RV15YC4 doesn't cross to a R43T, nor does it cross to a BPR6FS, according to sparkplugs.com. It may be a hotter plug so I would be cautious using it. Champion RV8C is what is equivalent to R43T and BPR6FS.
 

vipzach

Lieutenant
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,283
Re: 3.0 liter sparkplug.

Ron, why do you recommnd the YR5's before the MR43T's? I am just curious
 

ron7000

Banned
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
498

ron7000

Banned
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
498
Re: 3.0 liter sparkplug.

for the home.att.net,,,links copy the whole line then paste it in the address box of your web browser. Two are word documents.
 

gabe1

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
57
Re: 3.0 liter sparkplug.

Thanks for the help.
Gabrield:)
 
Top