270 exhaust flap????

no704

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm sure that this is common but why should I care if my ex flap broke off?? and how do I find a new one??

diesel1960

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 270 exhaust flap????

Volvo never had replaced flaps for AQ270,recently I make one using stainless steel angle bar and braided rubber( 1/4 thick).
Why you need one-when you going from plane to slower speed your boat create massive water surge which can cause water to enter engine through exhaust ports,also passing by boat may do same thing ,you looking for serious engine damage.....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Why you need one-when you going from plane to slower speed your boat create massive water surge which can cause water to enter engine through exhaust ports,also passing by boat may do same thing ,you looking for serious engine damage.....

You aren't going to get water up the exhaust as long as the engine is running, even with out that flapper :facepalm:
The engine exhaust and all the bends and turns in the system sees to that. There is a chance you can get water up the exhaust if the engine isn't running and the waves hit straight on the drive.

trophy boat

Seaman Apprentice

I took some truck inner tube. It was too thin, so I glued several layers together and made a new flap. Worked for a year so far. No troubles.

no704

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's what I thought, just on inland (AZ) lakes shouldn't be much trouble. Thanks everyone for the input. May fab one during off season (jan-april) . Again thanks LOVE iboats!