252 chris craft new sterio upgrade

crankman1

Cadet
i just started a sterio upgrade. The boat has a sony that was propally new with the boat It had 4 speakers 2 forward and 2 aft.
I replaced the speakers with 4 alpine SPS 600 speakers.{marine grade}and it sounds alot better and im wondering if a new reciever would make it sound any better.Im 60 years old and still like to listen to music.{all kinds}.Does anyone know if a new reciever would have a bigger amp than the old recievers or would a small amp help? I,d appreciate any input from some of you smart guys out there.
Thanks alot

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 252 chris craft new sterio upgrade

If there are RCA output jacks for an amp, adding an external would be easy. But the first thing to do is find out the specs on your current head unit.

1badbrd

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 252 chris craft new sterio upgrade

from my experience (16-to now 33) a quality head unit will make things sound better. I had a big stereo when i was 16 and a decent head unit, but when it got stolen i replaced it with a better head unit and it made the sound better in loudness and quality. Replacing with a cheaper version might now get the results you are asking about but with technology and some investment to a quality head unit i believe you will get a better quality sound from your stereo