25 mercury. Seems to have a slight cavitation at full throttle.

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
At WOT I get a slight rev increase , very intermittent and only for a half second or so. It wont turn at WOT without cavitating. the cavitation plate is slightly below the bottom of the transom.

Here are a couple pics. Any suggestions. Maybe a prop pitch prob

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Delete, I got it to upload

Last edited:

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

shrunk to 10%, Try this

Attachments

• photo243938.jpg
    photo243938.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 0

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Got it.

Attachments

• photo243939.jpg
    photo243939.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 0

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Motor is sitting down on the transom. Cant adjust it any lower without cutting into the transom.

Attachments

• photo243940.jpg
    photo243940.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I did lower the pin hole. Lost a lot of speed by submarining the boat thru the water. Gonne toss it in the lake tomorrow and try it again. I moved the battery to the very rear as well to try to help with weight distribution.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
What make of prop is that? It doesn't look a mercury prop. Also what are the silver spots on the gearcase?

The bottom of the hull, us there a pronounced Keel directly in front of the gearcase?

Last edited:

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Spots on the case are seal tape over the fill drain holes. Just secondary insurance for water. Not sure on the prop, Was on the motor when I bought it.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
You could try dropping it down one hole and then shim up the motor a little bit. Then try it and see how it runs and if not enough, just shim it up a little more.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
The prop looks a little mundane you might try a Solas amita or rubex. or check out the Turning point Hustler.
Both brands are the latest technology.The Hustler is said to deliver close to ss performance. And many suggest a 1" reduction in pitch on the Hustler.Of course that would depend on your present numbers. A induction tach is pretty much a must and an easy install.

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If combo rides at wot parallel to water level while OB sits at 90 deg and you're experiencing prop areation at tight close turns and much worst on slight choppy sea cond, that OB definitely sits way high on transom. If moving trim in / out will lose best prop populsion as the angle of attack will vary.. Is that a S or L size 25 OB ?

Happy Boating

frobotz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My outboard is a long shaft. It sitting all the way down on the transom. Been raining so I haven't had a chance to test run it again. I was thinking about aeriation myself. I know the prop is a pusher prop for a larger boat , The motor came off a boat a good bit bigger then mine, and probably a good bit heavier so I think there is some merit to that idea. It might be a wash anyway at this point I am looking into trading for a 40 as we speak but would still like to remedy this for personal satisfaction.