25 hp blow-out engine sale at iboats.com

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello from iboats to each of you. We have decided to try something new here at iboats.com, namely, feature a specific outboard motor that we have several of in stock for just one week at a "blow-out special" price that is well below our regularly listed low sales price...and then make sure that we do not sell that specific engine again at such a low price for at least the next 18 months. <br /><br />But the reality is that we will run out of these specific engines quickly at this kind of pricing and then we will not get any more of them to run such a special in the future. So this then becomes a one-time deal. <br /><br />This slightly used 2-stroke 2003 25hp Mercury engine sold new for $2508. We are selling it, while supplies last, for $1,499 and that includes a gas tank, gas hose and prop...and of course there's no sales tax. The shipping on this engine to any business address in the USA is about $180. It's a manual start, tiller handle, short shaft (15"). You can see it at http://www.boatmotors.com/rebuilt_outboard_motors/ or call us for more information at 1-800-705-1233.<br /> <br />Since we have so many pages within the iboats network of marine-related web sites (over 187,000 pages at last count), I realize that many of our Forum regulars and visitors never even know what is going on in all the other parts of iboats...so I thought I'd mention this as an FYI. My motive is two-fold, (1.) to let you know, as Forum members and friends about this very special blow-out engine sale before they are all sold, and (2.) let's be blunt...to help us to sell the engines and pay the bills...an unfortunate necessity of life. :( <br /><br />Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to how we can more easily or efficiently alert you to some of our real special deals here in iboats.<br /><br />Best personal regards to all! BV

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 25 hp blow-out engine sale at iboats.com

I think this is a great place, to break in, and reveal special deals. If it is not done for run of the mill merchandise advertising, I think it would be well received and well read.<br /><br />After all, you own the space anyway! ;)

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I think the occasional post for a deal is fine. As a boater, I never know what I need until I see something I can't live without anyway. If someone doesn't want to look at the deals posted, they don't have to. And, like Boomyal says, it is your site, ain't it? :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

No thanks. I allready got too many blown-out engines 'rond here (JK).<br />Actually, I may have to check into it... My baby merc has low compression on one lung...Not long for this world, and not worth rebuildin.

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

FYI...Just 2 more days left on this sale. We will NOT sell these engines anywhere near this low again.<br /><br />BV

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

FYI...today is the last day for this sale...sold another 7 yesterday. As of 8 a.m., just 5 of these engines are left. BV

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I sure wish I needed one of those. It's a killer deal.

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

We sold the last five 25hp engines by last night. I won't post any more on this topic...except to say that we have decided to continue this blow-out special on a different outboard motor each week for the next several weeks, while supplies last. <br /><br />Starting yesterday and for the next week we are now featuring a 2003 pre-owned 15 hp Mercury engine that had an MSRP of $2,200. We only have 11 of these and at $1,299 they will probably be gone in a few days or less...but I wanted to make sure all our terrific Forum members knew about this special one-time deal before we promote it to others elsewhere.<br /><br />Safe boating to all.<br /><br />BV :)