25 Chrysler kill switch wire

pinpoint

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
2
I was given a Chrysler outboard 25hp model 252BA ser# 1146. It's in good shape but has no spark, to my surprise when I pulled the flywheel off there was new coils and points. So I cleaned the points,and now I have spark. I noticed a kill button but no wires to the kill button. So can I run new wires from both sets of points to one side of the kill button and the other side of the kill button to ground ? Or maybe someone has a diagram they can e-mail me at brucee@sympatico.ca Thanks
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: 25 Chrysler kill switch wire

You kill a magneto like that by connecting the leads togeher. Basically when one set of points is open, the other set is closed. Connecting them together cancels each-other out. So if you connect as you describe, you'll lose spark. One wire goes to one side of the switch, the other to the other. Don't ground anything.
 

pinpoint

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
2
Re: 25 Chrysler kill switch wire

Hey thanks WillyBWright,it works great. Now its clean the carb and pull the starter rope& HOPE
 
Top