FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 22ft dynasty boat (was used for towing)<br />that wount plane unless i have atlest 150 to 200 lbs in the front.Could it be my prop and if so what prop do I need
I'd suspect either a dirty hull or a cavitating prop. When you get near redline does the motor sound as if it is under load or could the prop be spinning in the air.<br /><br />Also you need to check your trim position. Another possibility is that you are carrying excess weight in the form of waterlogged foam.
I dont know if an i/o has a rubber hub in the prop but if it does it may have a spun hub.<br />You can remove the prop and mark the hub,run it and check the mark.A prop shop can rehub the prop.