210 Temp. Beep

pixguy

Recruit
Hi Everyone, New to this forum and need help right off the bat.

My 04 210 Fun Ship with the 5.7 IO Volvo Penta started beeping when I went out today for the first time this season. Engine was marina stored and tuned up.

About 15 minutes into the ride.
3000 rpm's
25+- mph

Noticed the temp. was at 200*

I slowed down and the temp. dropped and then brought the speed back up and it did it again. I'm not that familiar with the inboard engines so any help would be appreciated. :redface:

Bill

ddbaran

Cadet
Re: 210 Temp. Beep

Sounds like you are overheating. Could also be low oil pressure. Either way, you need to get it sorted out and repaired. 200' F is too hot for normal operating temp. Good luck.

pixguy

Recruit

Thanks for your reply..... I was starting to wonder about this forum??

The techs have ruled out the impeller or the thermostat so I'm running w/o the t-stat until I bring it back so they can tear the engine apart.. sound right??

Thanks for your help.

ddbaran

Cadet

You should be fine to run like that as long as the temps stay down. The thermostat just helps the motor run more efficiently in the sweet spot of the engine's thermodynamic cycle. It really doesn't do anything functionally for the engine. As an example, I removed my t-stat on my Skidoo snowmobile as there are many cases of melted down pistons due to a stuck thermostat. Having the extra cooling available is never a bad issue unless you are operating in arctic waters or something. The open circuit allows the motor to cool itself as much as possible. Good luck with finding this problem and keep us posted as to what you find out.