21 Pachanga

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Hi,

I read in the mercruiser engine repair forum while being nostalgic about sea ray, mercury and their oyster white sea ray branded alphas that a forum member here owns a 21 Pachanga with sea ray branding.

I'm just curious to know what engine the boat has. If said member or any other who reads this that knows, please share

Thanks!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hi,

I read in the mercruiser engine repair forum while being nostalgic about sea ray, mercury and their oyster white sea ray branded alphas that a forum member here owns a 21 Pachanga with sea ray branding.

I'm just curious to know what engine the boat has. If said member or any other who reads this that knows, please share

Thanks!
SeaRay branded motors in 1988 and 1989 were standard Mercruiser engines and drives, just painted white. SeaRay also did the stupid thing of putting a BBC in front of an Alpha and Mercruiser was stupid enough to listen

the motors were 4.3's, 5.0's, 5.7's and 7.4's

the guy with the pachanga will have to indicate, however most likely the 5.7 liter / alpha combo. A few years back, I was looking at a Pachanga 27 with twin 5.7 / Alphas and thought about buying it and going twin 6.2's

dubs283

Vice Admiral
SeaRay branded motors in 1988 and 1989 were standard Mercruiser engines
Yep, I know the history and branding style that Brunswick did, am a huge fan of American business/pride,

SeaRay also did the stupid thing of putting a BBC in front of an Alpha and Mercruiser was stupid enough to listen

the motors were 4.3's, 5.0's, 5.7's and 7.4's

You're referencing a couple of the greatest companies to exist in history. Yeah, they tried some stuff and it has lived to make history today. Don't forget that you've tried things and failed, yet you're still here along with afore mentioned companies. We tarry online but real life is a different story

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Would also like a history of the 454 if any are willing to share. Please do not link to outside pages, I want real beta......